ON CAMPUS > PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Korean government require ALL international students to have valid insurance while they are staying in Korea.
*Valid Insurance = Valid Health Insurance you purchase in your home countries, which covers injuries occurred in Korea OR purchasing HGU insurance in Korea.
If you are foreign citizenship holder, and don't have an insurance, please contact OIA (email@example.com)
- If you do not have an insurance, the class registration will be banned for next semester
- If you are receiving Cornerstone scholarship or GKS scholarship, your scholarship will cover your health insurance.
Below information is for students who are getting private insurance through OIA. (National Insurance holders and private insurance holders from overseas may discard below information)
INSURANCE AT HGU
- Freshman & Transfer & Exchange students (1st semester): Please apply for insurance and pay the fee at the Registration Desk of i-HanST (Orientation)
- Others (students who extended exchange program OR enrolled students whose insurance will be expired soon): Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get an insurance
*There is neither interest nor concern shared between HGU and the private insurance at all.
Buy HGU Insurance plan
-100,000KRW for Exchange, Visiting students
-130,000KRW for Undergraduate, Dual degree students
Submit the scanned copy of your insurance card / or any proof
- Exchange Students: 6 months plan (From semester begins)
- Undergraduate Students: 1 year plan (From semester begins)
Click it to check information on insurance-coverage
Click it to check the documents for reimbursement
1. When you visit a hospital, you have to issue documents before you leave hospital.
(Documents are listed in the file)
2. After seeing a doctor or hospitalization, ask hospital to issue necessary documents.
3. Login to insurance website with your account.
http://n.foreignerdb.com/DF0001.php?sn=handong1 (ID: Student Number, PW: 111111)
-If you can't download the file from above website, please use Internet Explore to access to the website.
4. From the website, download the claim report and fill out the form.
5. Turn your Kakaotalk on, and add kakaotalk ID: INSCLAIM
6. Send below documents to INSCLAIM on kakaotalk
- (Clear) photo of your documents which you have got from a hospital
- Filled out Claim Application (From step3)
7. If everything is in order, the 70% of your payment will be refunded within 2 to 3 days, if there are additional documents required, the insurance company staff will contact you through kakaotalk messenger.
Q1. How do I issue my insurance certificate?
(ID: Student Number, PW: 111111)
*You may change your password after login.
Q2. The hospital says I don’t have an insurance. What should I do?
→ All hospitals in Korea only can check people with Korean national insurance. The insurance you applied through Handong is private insurance, so hospitals never be able to check it. All you need to do is asking them to issuing the above required documents after seeing a doctor.
Q3. Is my insurance going to cover the fee of dental clinic? (or Korean oriental clinic)
→ According to insurance company, examining whether dental clinic fee or oriental clinic is covered or not is really complex. The clearest way to figure out is to send related documents to INSCLAIM. Insurance company will let you know if it is possible to give reimbursement.
Q4. What is the maximum amount of coverage?
→ If you are not hospitalized, the maximum amount of medical expense which can be covered is 250,000KRW a day. Please refer to the ‘Coverage Information’ for further info.
CONTACT FOR INSURANCE
- TEL: 02-722-3200
- Kakaotalk ID: INSCLAIM